24.6.11

BP Portrait Award 2011: the winner!

Yesterday, I went to the National Gallery Portrait to see the exhibition of the 50 paintings selected from the BP Portrait Award 2011. Unfortunately, it was not allowed to take pictures , I've just found out after I took a couple of the lady with the make up... so I can't show you my favourite one :(... So, here is following: the first picture is the winner 2011 and on the last picture on the left, it's the winner of 2007 (?) Paul Emsley, which I find fantastic. If you are around in the next couple month, it's a good exhibition to look at different techniques and expressive portraits. Some of them are absolutely stunning!!! I have to say that I do not really understand how the choice is made....  


Distracted by Wim Heldens - Winner 2011


 

No comments: